Mexico 2 p. South Korea p.
China Qatar live scores
Scotland 4 p. Japan p.
Canada Qatar vs. Esta es nuestra convocatoria para enfrentar el TournoiToulon.
One of the wildcards in Ruiz's squad is Club America sensation Diego Lainez, who has made major strides in the early stages of his career. Despite being just 17, he's made 23 appearances in Liga MX matches already and has impressed plenty with some of his wing wizardry.
The only player involved to play his football in Europe is Uriel Antuna, who is midway through a two-year loan deal at Groningen from Manchester City.
- However, Gurpreet Singh Sandhu, captaining India in the absence of the indisposed Sunil Chhetri, led their effort with a sterling performance between the posts, especially pulling his weight in a cracking first-half performance that kept the Asian champions at bay.
- A Saudi-led diplomatic and economic boycott of Qatar, with the chief backing of Bahrain and the UAE, has been in force for more than 18 months and that has impacted all facets of life, including football. What was once a minute flight between the two nations is now a circuitous route that the football team had to take via Kuwait.
- Elkeson will be the first player without Chinese heritage to play for the country, and would have had no allegiance to China whatsoever had Guangzhou Evergrande not signed him in , but has lived there ever since and helped Guangzhou lift the Asian Champions League twice. The year-old striker qualifies for China under FIFA residency rules that have been used by plenty of other countries to strengthen their national teams, but most of those countries have a small population to choose from.
- The Qatar striker has already been booked and he has just thumped the ball into the ground after a decision went against him. The referee Julio Bascunan warns him to be careful.
- Xu's 65th-minute penalty goal was China's third of the match.
- Qatar vs. China - Football Match Stats - September 7,
Mexican football journalist Cesar Hernandez believes there is a lot of potential in this young group of players: Cesar Hernandez cesarhfutbol I sometimes worry about the future of ElTriEng, but this list eases some of that anxiety. Plenty of interesting and exciting names here that will be going to the TournoiToulon.
On paper, Group A should be won by either Mexico or England, as the two favourites should earn wins against China and Qatar. El Tri have a fine chance to get their tournament off to an excellent start with this fixture, and a talented XI will be far too good for their opponents on the day.