For those new to the game, the sport shares the same appeal as American football. It offers tactical field progression achieved through astonishing athleticism and astounding violence — except in a free-flowing minute package.
- Over the next six weeks, 20 teams will battle it out for the right to be crowned world champions.
- See all the quarter-final action, wherever you are Shares Image credit: Rugby World Cup Has it really been four years? It seems only last month Japan were causing the upset of the last Rugby World Cup by beating South Africa in the pool stage, and now they face the same team in the quarter-finals on home turf.
When NBC acquired the Premier League broadcast rights it had a simple strategy — if you paid for cable or satellite, then you could easily watch each and every match. But over the past few years, NBC has put more and more Premier League content on its over-the-top gold tier.
And now NBC is following a similar strategy with its rugby properties. Not more rugby, not any soccer, nothing.
European Champions Cup News, Fixtures & Results
The Eagles, ranked 13 in the world, have choice matchups with England, France, Argentina and Tonga awaiting them. NBC will broadcast the final over the air later that day on a delay.
- Rugby's four top ranked nations remain and so far the tournament has certainly lived up to the hype. You can watch all the action, no matter where you are, by following our Rugby World Cup live stream guide below.
- This section does not cite any sources. Please help improve this section by adding citations to reliable sources.
- Success: Due to the high tournament viewing figures, the cost of broadcasting rights has soared Getty Images Rugby World Cup TV Coverage Fast becoming one of the most anticipated and watched sporting events in the world, the rights to televise the Rugby World Cup every four years have become sought after by most broadcasting companies.
- Toulouse went on to become the first European cup winners, eventually beating Cardiff in extra time in front of a crowd of 21, at Cardiff Arms Park.
- Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights Thank you for subscribingWe have more newsletters Show me See our privacy notice Could not subscribe, try again laterInvalid Email Leinster and Saracens will face each other in European Rugby's Heineken Champions Cup final this weekend, both sides fiercely looking to take home the silverware. Here's all you need to know about the game on Saturday, May
Unlike NBC, ESPN offers all of its streaming sports properties like Italian soccer, Dutch soccer, MLS, European qualifiers, almost every college sport imaginable, tennis, cricket, lacrosse, and even rugby in an all-under-one-roof buffet.